Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Cake



I really love The Pioneer Woman's blog! Not only is she hilarious, but she has great recipes, pictures and anecdotes about her life and family. I've made multiple recipes from her blog, and there are many more I plan to try! Since we were planning to have dinner with Matt's family on the Fourth of July, I was going to bring oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, watermelon and cantelope. Matt was talking to his mom on the phone that morning, and she mentioned that she wanted to have this cake, but really didn't feel like making it, since she had so many other foods to prepare. Matt quickly said "Laura will make it!" So I ran to the computer to look up the recipe and make a list of needed ingredients. Now, this cake was not overly difficult to make, but there are multiple steps, and it took several hours from start to finish (with breaks in between). But it was 100% worth it! Everyone really liked it, and said I definitely had to make it again.

This is the link to the recipe, complete with detailed instructions and pictures (one of the other reasons I really love PW's blog). I highly recommend making this cake ASAP--not only are strawberries in season, but your life will be vastly improved by eating it ;)

1 comment:

  1. And I will vouche for the complete delicious-ness of this cake :)---and for sure---my life was vastly improved by eating it! Love this blog! So sad that I only had 1 small sliver!!!!

    ReplyDelete