Monday, June 27, 2011

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

I saw this recipe last night on the really great blog Heavenly Homemakers (another Matt and Laura couple!), and thought it would be perfect to make this morning, as I had 2 VERY ripe bananas that needed to be used. I added a few extra spices, and I think they would be even more delicious with either nuts, mini chocolate chips or raisins (if you're a raisin type of person...which I'm not). Emily especially loved them!

1 and 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 bananas)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter
2 eggs

Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, mash bananas, and add honey, melted butter and eggs. Stir into flour mixture.

Spoon batter into 12 lined muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 18 minutes.

(Please excuse my food photography. The photo above shows one muffin cut in half with butter melting on it. It looks much better in real life!)


3 comments:

  1. Oh yum!! Those sound really good! And a great way to use bananas that doesn't take an hour to bake! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What extra spices did you add? I think I need one of these with a spot o' tea for a yummy afternoon "pick-me-up"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom-I added the cinnamon and nutmeg--there weren't any spices in this recipe and I thought those two needed to be included!

    ReplyDelete