Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Reading


(notice the tiny foot with the pink painted toenail??)

So I've decided that the type of books I read definitely changes during the summer months. Not sure if this is due to a Southern Literature reading challenge I participated in a couple of years ago, or for some other reason. Regardless, I now find myself looking for lighter, fun Southern-type fiction to read during the months of June-September. Luckily, my local library has lots of fun summery reads--yay libraries! In the queue for this summer are several books by Fannie Flagg, several by Sarah Addison Allen (a new author to me), and a book I've been hearing about for several years-Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore. Later this week, I'm planning to make a blackberry/raspberry cobbler, complete with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream...sounds like a good combination with summer books, right??





3 comments:

  1. Excuse me, I LOVE the pink painted toenail baby foot! Ems is SO cute and I NEED to see her right now! Thanks for the good book suggestions, too! I am hoping to make a trip to the library tonight and was wanting to get a book to bring to the lake this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that pink painted Emily toe! And the fact that she's looking at the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Third love for Emily's painted toes. ;)

    I really like Southern lit in the summer, too. Reminds me of drinking lemonade on the porch (which I don't do). Wish I could read The Help for the first time again...

    So what did you think of these...?

    ReplyDelete