Friday, September 17, 2010

Emily Rolls Over!

Emily has rolled from her tummy to her back a handful of times in the past week. I don't think she really intended to roll over, however. She isn't a huge fan of "tummy time" and will usually start to get a bit mad when I place her on her stomach on a blanket on the floor. This week, she started to turn her head pretty far to one side, then slowly, the rest of her body followed and then she was on her back! She seemed to think it was pretty fun, as you can see from her reaction! I was super happy the video camera was close by, so I could capture the end of her roll.


Emily hit the 3 month mark this week too. She is definitely more vocal these days, and I'm 97% sure she actually thinks she is holding intelligent conversations with Matt and I. She will get very serious while "talking" and furrow her brow and everything! Her little voice is just so sweet to hear, and it's fun to have her "talk" back to me instead of just quizzically looking at me all day while I chatter on and on to her. She is still in size 1 diapers, although she will probably be in size 2 in a couple of weeks. She is also still wearing size 0-3 month clothing, but several little outfits are getting harder and harder to snap. I have had fun shopping for a few fall/winter basics for her this past week, and Grandma Elvi has added some cute long-sleeved items as well. So we are all officially just waiting for the temperatures to get out of the 90s so we can enjoy the outdoors more!


Since there was no need to schedule a 3 month doctor's appointment, I don't have any official weight/length stats to post. I believe Emily weighs around 12 pounds, and she has definitely grown in length as well. One of the next milestones that I am really looking forward to is laughing. Emily hasn't exactly laughed yet, but I can tell she really wants to, so I'm thinking she will any day now

2 comments:

  1. I watched the video on facebook and she is such a little doll! If you can get her laugh on recording you definitely need to share that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for a growing really cute baby Emily!

    ReplyDelete