Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Week of Firsts


2 months old and wearing a dress!


So I've very quickly realized that after you have a baby, there are LOTS of "firsts" to celebrate. Some will be much bigger than others, but I think it's fun to note even the smaller ones. We've celebrated a few already--Emily's first real bath, her first smile, her first trip to the grocery store, her first babysitting. This week we not only celebrated her 2 monthiversary (with a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house), but she also wore her first 0-3 month outfit, her first size 1 diaper, and went to church for the first time! We were a bit worried about how she would do in the service, but she was great! She semi-slept through the singing, and just looked around during most of the sermon...making a few baby noises here and there, of course. I did have to take her out at the very end, but she had been quiet for over an hour! That seems like a long time for a 9 week old baby!


All dressed up for church!

On Tuesday, Emily has her 2 month well-baby check-up. I am looking forward to seeing how much she has grown, but I am absolutely dreading the shots! I know I need to get used to them because from now until she turns 5, she will have shots at most appointments. I just keep telling myself that they will be over quickly, and they are protecting her from lots of bad things. But still...I wish they were already over!

2 comments:

  1. I think every first is a milestone, and any day can be a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So looks so big in that first picture! And you look great!

    ReplyDelete